Radiant Skin Smoothie Recipe
This spring, we are featuring a delicious new smoothie recipe, the Radiant Skin Smoothie, from the new Spring & Summer Meal Plan with Recipes eBook: an invaluable resource to save you time and to guide and inspire you with fresh, seasonal choices that will support you through the months ahead.
seeds from half pomegranate
1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup cashews
1 tsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 tbsp flax seeds
2 cups water or coconut water
Optional: flesh of young coconut
Optional: pure organic collagen powder
Why is this smoothie so good for my skin?
- Hydration is critical to radiant, plump skin. Dry skin has less resilience and is more prone to wrinkling.
- Flax seeds are the richest vegetable source of omega-3 fatty acid, which is a potent anti-inflammatory and can also help your skin stay hydrated and smooth in appearance, from the inside out.
- Raspberries and pomegranates have the highest antioxidant values of commonly consumed fruits, to reduce oxidative stress and slow ageing of the skin. They contain anthocyanins and substantial Vitamin C, essential for maintaining a beautiful complexion.
- Cashews are both the highest iron and zinc nut, and both minerals are important for skin healing and repair.
- Collagen powder is essentially a quality protein powder providing specific types of amino acids. in particular generous in proline, serine and glycine, all very important for maintaining connective tissue like hair, skin and nails. Lots of people who use hydrolysed collagen protein powders report more hydrated and firmer skin. When choosing a pure hydrolysed collagen supplement, like a marine collagen or a certified organic grass fed bovine collagen, it’s important to make sure that it is free from artificial sweeteners and preservatives.